Who’s ready for another CAL by The Lavender Chair? This CAL is comprised of various 9 inch granny squares/triangles that will be joined as you go using the Flat Braid joining method. This CAL will be a 4 part CAL that will last approximately 3 weeks (See release dates below). Depending on popularity, this CAL may have a 5th part which will include an extended border. The CAL portions will be updated on the given release dates on this post. So, be sure to bookmark this page.
The release times will be between 9:00am – 12:00pm EST unless otherwise specified!
To Do Before the CAL Starts:
- Join The Pattern Connection group on Facebook
- Bookmark this page
- Like The Lavender Chair on Facebook
- Join the event on Facebook HERE!!!
An update to the materials list has been made due to a mathematical error. To make up for this inconvenience please enjoy $10.00 off any purchase $10.00 or more in my ETSY STORE.
Worsted Weight Yarn
- Color A: Grey (600 Yards)
- Color B: Mint (1000 Yards)
- Color C: White (950 Yards)
- Color D: Lavender (450 Yards)
- Color E: Black (650 Yards)
I 5.50mm Crochet Hook
Approximately 80 inches in diameter
CH: Chain- Yarn over pull through one loop.
SS: Slip stitch- Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over and pull through both the stitch and loop on the hook.
DC: Double crochet- Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops. Yarn over pull through two loops.
- Crochet Tutorial: How to Make a Granny Square
- Crochet Tutorial: How to Make a Granny Triangle
- Flat Braid joining method using THIS TUTORIAL (method starts at 6:50) to join your squares and triangles. (Make sure you follow my border pattern below not the one shown in video. Just use the same technique as in the video)
- Crochet Tutorial: How to Block Your Crochet Project (See below for my favorite blocking mats! Pins are even included!!!)
- All Squares and Triangles should be blocked before joining. See this tutorial on How to Block a Crochet Project.
- Use the border pattern provided do the Flat Braid joining method using THIS TUTORIAL to join your squares and triangles as you go. (Method starts at 6:50)
- All squares/triangles will be one color and 6 rounds with a Sc border. (Please refer to the tutorials/pattern links in the tutorials section)
Join with a SS to the second stitch from corner using your join color. (Color E)
Round 1: Chain 1. [*Sc. Chain 3. Skip the next stitch.* Repeat from * to * corner. (Sc. Chain3. Sc. Chain 3. Sk next stitch) in the next chain 2 space.] Repeat from. [ to ] around. Join with a SS to the first Sc made.
- Refer to picture under each release date on how many 6 round granny squares/triangles (with additional Sc border) to make and make them. (Pattern tutorial for granny square/triangle is listed in the Tutorials section above)
- Block your granny squares/triangles to 9 inches. (optional)
- Join as you go using the border pattern and the flat braid method to join as you go. (Link to tutorial can be found in both the notes and tutorial section.)
Monday February 4th, 2019:
Friday February 8th, 2019:
Monday February 11th, 2019:
Monday February 18th, 2019: